1. Lisa (BlondeBookBee) suggested I read
‘Anna and the French Kiss’ by Stephanie Perkins.
2. Monica suggested I read ‘Girls in trouble’ by Caroline Leavitt.
3. Alieke suggested I read ‘Alice in Wonderland’ by Lewis Carroll.
4. Andra suggested I read either ‘The Selection’ by Kiera Cass or ‘Eve’ by Anna Carey.
5. Rosalie (White Blank Hysteria) suggested I read ‘Cloud Atlas’ by David Mitchell.
6. Nikki suggested I read ‘It’s kind of a funny story’ by Ned Vizzini and ‘Schijnbewegingen’ by Floortje Zwigtman.
7. Rosanne (droomroos) suggested I read ‘Dagen van gras’ by Philip Huff and ‘Alleen maar nette mensen’ by Robert Vuijsje.
8. Laila suggested I read ‘The Bone Garden’ by Tess Gerritsen.
9. Hilde suggested I read
‘ The Solitude of Prime Numbers’ by Paolo Giordano.
10. Liesbet suggested I read the series ‘Afdeling Q’ by Jussi Adler-Olsen. Furthermore, she suggested I read ‘Een schitterend gebrek’ and ‘De man van je leven’ by Arthur Japin and also ‘Het huis van de moskee’ by Kader Abdolah.
For this goal, I had to ask ten friends to suggest a book. I read this goal somewhere when I was still making up my list and I decided to add it because I liked it. I read a lot, but I tend to stick to the same genre and this could be an opportunity to read some books from different genres. Another thing is that I don’t usually read in Dutch, even though it’s my native language. Some friends suggested a Dutch book and I’m going to read them in Dutch too, even if there’s a translated version around. I need to read more Dutch books.
The only thing about this goal was that I hadn’t anticipated how hard it would be to find ten friends to suggest a book. Not many people read a lot; it seems most people don’t even read at all. But fortunately, I eventually found ten friends who were willing to suggest a book (and sometimes even more than one). So now that I’ve got my list, I only need to get around to reading all of them. Luckily, finishing a book not only gets me closer to completing this goal, but also my goal to read 100 books!