A new award! I hadn’t heard of this award until Drown in melancholy tagged me! I was really surprised, because I am not really active in the blog-o-sphere and hadn’t expected anyone to tag me in anything, so I am really grateful she tagged me! She’s very nice and I especially love the fact she’s also got a list of books to be read linked on her site! I don’t know her that well, but she is the closest thing I have to some sort of online friend/acquaintance (which sounds really weird, I’m sorry, but I really like that we follow each other over here and on Instagram, haha).
These are the rules for this award:
1.Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
I have done rule number one and two, so now it’s time for rule number three, seven facts about myself:
1. Some songs give me a very weird feeling, a bit restless. At the moment, it’s Gypsy by Lady Gaga. Every time I hear that song, I get a weird feeling like I should be doing something more with my life. I should be traveling, I should be making memories. It’s a feeling I can’t shake and I get it every time I listen to that song. It gives me inspiration to save money for trips to see more cities and explore more countries.
2. When I’m traveling with public transport, I very often just want to chill by myself. It’s okay if friends are talking to me, because most likely I already was having a conversation with them before we got on the public transport. But lately, a lot of strangers have started a conversation with me while on public transport and I don’t like it. It’s not like I don’t enjoy being social, but when I’m riding the metro or anything, I just want to have some time to stare mindlessly out the window.
3. I can’t walk slowly. I just can’t. Whenever I’m shopping with someone, I always walk too fast and have to mind myself to walk slower. I think it’s because of high school that I walk so fast, because you only had a little time to walk between classes. Luckily, I have one friend who also walks really fast, so I don’t have to slow done when walking with her.
4. Sometimes I just really wish I could try living in past times for a day or something. I wouldn’t permanently want to live there, because I realise we have it so much better these times and I wouldn’t survive for longer than a day, but I would love it so much to experience times past. I loved history when I was still in school and I especially loved excursions, to see things more vividly. I would love it to be able to travel to the Middle Ages for a day, or to experience the Golden Century in the Netherlands, or to live in Ancient Greece. And then after a day or so, I could just go back to this time and live with all the perks of the modern world.
5. I love the freedom moving out has given me, but sometimes I just really wish I could live with my parents again. I am pretty happy with the way I’m situated right now (I live in a family house together with three other girls and we get along just fine), but looking back at the time my mom cooked dinner, I sometimes miss the luxury I took for granted. I don’t mind cooking and cleaning and doing laundry and all, but moving out really made me appreciate my parents more.
6. I have an irrational fear of small holes. This sounds really, really weird, but try to Google ‘trypophobia’ and I’m almost 100% sure you’ll agree with me. I’m not saying I have that phobia, but it utterly creeps me out and honestly, some of those pictures make me want to vomit.
7. My part-time job is to teach windsurfing. I don’t know if I’ve said that before, but people don’t expect me to have such a cool job and they’re always a bit flabbergasted when I tell them what my job is. I love anything wind and water related, I even own a small sailboat. Windsurfing is not a very common sport and definitely is not a common job, but I love it.
And those are my seven facts! It took me a pretty long time to come up with them all, haha. I never know what to say, which facts are interesting.
The next step is to tag fifteen blogs. I don’t know fifteen bloggers and the last time I tagged a bunch of people for the Liebster award, I don’t think many people actually did the award. So, I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you read this and really want to do this tag, PLEASE DO.